(Shona meaning – ‘To take care of’)
Chengeta Safari Lodge is approximately an hour from Harare along the Bulawayo road. Situated on a 13 000 ha private game reserve, we are a haven to a large variety of game, and over 300 bird species. What could be more special than you and your guests experiencing the raw beauty of Africa with zebra and wildebeest grazing around you in the distance on the Chengeta plains under the giant Fig Tree.
We look forward to working with you to make your special day as perfect in every way.
How To Arrive In Style
To make your entrance one that will “wow” your guests, we offer a number of alternative ways for the Bride & Groom to arrive.
- Our Game Drive vehicles. For that “Out of Africa” feel, you can arrive by Safari vehicle, driven by our Safari Guides.
- Tractor & trailer. For a truly Zimbabwean ‘Farm ‘n Country’ style arrival.
- Follow the choir. The Bride can be led in by our local School Choir singing traditional African wedding songs, hymns, or music specially chosen by the Bride. A very emotional start to a beautiful occasion.
- By Horseback. Trot, gallop or walk (depending on your skill level!) to the ceremony on horseback from across the open plains
The maximum carrying capacity between both Chengeta and Pamuzinda Safari Lodges is 73 guests (all sharing), with additional child mattresses for the rooms should you need. Beyond this figure, camping is a possibility for any number supplying their own camping tents and facilities.
Facilities At Chengeta (36 Sharing)
- 10 Twin Rooms, all en-suite
- 7 Double Rooms, all en-suite
- A Family Suite – sleeping 4
- 2 Swimming Pools and children’s splash pool, Pool Bar & Main Bar area
- A 2-tiered Dining Room with view over the pools and gardens
- Community Lounge Area and TV Room
Several options for both ceremony and reception, suitable for larger weddings
Main Venue – Marquee Tents
Two extensive Himalayan marquees with an adjoining thatched function area are set hidden on a huge stone platform on the outskirts of the main Chengeta Lodge grounds. The marquees are surrounded by beautiful natural bush, and a water feature adds to the atmosphere.
The marquees are perfect for Wedding Receptions, wherever you have your ceremony, and can comfortably seat 200 - 250 guests. The marquees incorporate a catering area, bar, and ablutions. For larger numbers, the garden can soak up the overflow. The adjoining thatched area can be used as a “bush chapel” as it is very rustic and looks out over naturally wild flora. This area is ideal for smaller ceremoniesEnquire Now
Rolling lawns with a canopy of tall indigenous trees make for an ideal setting for a wedding ceremony, incorporating beautiful water features and natural bush surrounds.
The lawns are also suitable for both large and small wedding receptions. Should you be looking at numbers over 400 guests, there is enough space for an additional 20m x10m marquee (excluded by ourselves) and there are many areas that can work exceptionally well in conjunction with our main wedding venue.Enquire Now
The Giant Fig Tree
A stunning & tranquil setting, this giant Cape Fig Tree stands in solitary splendour on the sweeping open savannah plains of Chengeta Safari Lodge.
Late afternoon is a particularly spectacular time of day at the giant fig, and the spreading branches make for an impressive backdrop to an African Safari Wedding at sunset.Enquire Now
Ayres Rock – optional during winter months
A majestic outcrop of granite overlooking the surrounding grassland, with tree-covered hills in the distance.Enquire Now