Shashani Matobo Hills is your best choice for fun safari day trips, being only one hour’s drive from Bulawayo. This stunning lodge sitting on top of a rock escapement perfectly captures the magic of Matobo Hills and delivers it via breathtaking views and a cultural heritage, literally etched in stone.
Shashani Matobo Hills is in a private game concession and as a result of being strategically placed, you will be able to enjoy the pristinely conserved wilderness of Matobo and its animal inhabitants while on a day visit to Shashani Matobo Hills.
What to expect during day trips in Matobo Hills at Shashani, close to Bulawayo
Matobo Hills has the highest concentration of leopards in Africa. This means you have a chance to spot these shy cats during safari day trips in Matobo Hills, only one hour from Bulawayo. You are also likely to encounter the magnificent Black Eagle while visiting this ancient area which has the largest concentration of these Eagles in the World.
During day trip game drives you will enjoy viewing a wide range of plains game. Matobo’s sparse scrub landscape allows you to easily see game, which is in abundance.
An excursion into Matobo Hills offers valuable insights into the natural world and the heritage of the Zimbabwean people. And, processes of erosion created scenic granite rock formations which are a marvel to behold.
Fun activities for you to enjoy during safari day trips only one hour from Bulawayo
Enjoy the rich heritage of this spiritual land blessed with a majestic landscape and thriving wildlife.
- Game drive in an open safari vehicle for a truly immersive wildlife viewing experience.
- Lunch. Yes, lunch can also be very fun! Ask about our bush meals.
- The Pool at Shashani Matobo Hills has an incredible view, need we say more?
- Enjoy drinks at the bar or on the well-manicured garden as you enjoy panoramic views of the knuckled landscape characterised by small hills, massive granite outcrops and boulders together creating spectacular formations.
Itenarary for a safari daytrip near Bulawayo
- Arrive for your fun safari day trip at Shashani Matobo Hills around 9.30 hours.
- Book in at reception, where your guide for the day, will plan your day and activities with you.
- Game drive activities are either in the morning or in the afternoon depending on availability.
- Lunch is served at the lodge between 1 pm and 2 pm..
- We say goodbye, concluding our exciting day trips in Matobo Hills at 16.30hrs.
Additional activities are available, and are season dependent – enquire about them when you make your booking.